This is a work in progress. Please add any additions, corrections, etc. in the comments. Thanks!
1889 In legend, this is the year Maples starts as a bucket brigade to save another cottage on the campus.
1926 After the formation of Comcil, Maples is formally organized as the safety squad, later called the Fire Squad.
1950 In Fall, the squad moves into the Maples dorm on the corner of Livermore and Center College Streets.
1950 Acquires the power wagon from the Atomic Energy Commission.
1956 Maples gets a pumper from the Cleveland branch of the Ford Motor Company.
1958 Maples gets a retired Seagraves pumper from the village.
1964 David Anderson rebuilds the old Power Wagon as a senior project.
1965 Moves into the Presidents’ dorm called Maples, after the old dorm. The original Maples was razed and Maples put it out as a practice fire.
1967 Maples gets its first ambulance from Greene County Rescue. It was put in service that fall.
1970 Maples gets 854, a custom built rig, later renamed 1804.
1970 855, the new medic, a Ford van, arrives
1977 Paul Weisblatt becomes Maples’ first paramedic. By 1980, Maples had 7 medics.
1981 Maples gets recognized as a separate fire department by the Greene County Chiefs Association and gets a new number for the squad 1805 and the rig 1804.
1989 Maples gets a new old medic and engine.
1996 Maples closes for good.